(701) 764-5646 ext.3
(701) 764-5646 ext.3
Signed in as:
The Upper Spring Creek Watershed is available to help with the implementation of conservation practices. Fall is the perfect time to sit down with us and plan for the spring. If you need water in a pasture, we can help you both financially and technically. Some producers in our area have already seen improvements in their herd due to new water sources, cross fencing, and the use of grazing plans. Cover Crops are another popular practice we may assist with. Cover Crops are great for grazing and they are also beneficial for soil health providing diversity and ground cover. Another common practice we help implement is forage and bio-mass plantings. We can assist in creating mixes for both grazing or hay. The Watershed Program covers about 60% of costs depending on the practice leaving the producer to cover the other 40%. Please note: Before a practice is started, the producer must have a signed contract in place with the Dunn County Soil Conservation District to be eligible for cost share.
The cover crop will be a minimum of 4 species, a maximum of 160 acres per year and no one landowner shall enroll more than 480 acres for duration of program. This will be a season long cover crop seeding. BWL will provide 100% of the cover crop seed up to $24 per acre. Landowner will provide match for the seed preparation and seeding. This match is valued at a rate of $16 per acre. If haying is the management selected there shall be no haying before July 15 of each calendar year. All seed mixes must follow NRCS standards and specifications.
During the term of this agreement, the Cooperators for themselves, their heirs, successors, assigns and lessees, and any other person claiming under them covenant and agree that they will cooperate in the maintenance of existing vegetative cover, that there shall be no altering of the wildlife habitat by digging, plowing, discing, or otherwise destroying the wildlife habitat and no agricultural crop production, except grazing and haying, shall be allowed upon this land unless prior approval in writing is granted by the Trust. Haying will not be allowed before July 15 of each calendar year. The Cooperators agree that they will cooperate in the maintenance of all wildlife habitat included in this lease and that there shall be no altering of wetlands by dredging, draining, or filling. All seed mixes must follow NRCS standards and specifications.
Contact our office to find out more details on these programs.
Grant funds are to be 75% of total estimated project cost, not to exceed $25,000.00 Minimum grant funds requested: $1,500.00 Application Deadline: March 15, 2022
Dunn County Soil Conservation District
PO Box 359 Killdeer, ND 58640 US
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Copyright © 2020 Dunn County Soil Conservation District - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder